Do you have a passion for cooking? Do you have previous experience within a care home environment? If so, this could be the role for you!
We are currently looking for a Chef within the Lincoln area to join our lovely client, a leading provider of care across the East Midlands.
- Ensure a balanced and nutritious “Home Cooked” diet is prepared and cooked in a controlled hygienic environment whilst ensuring quality is maintained.
- Ensure there are systems in place that control food allocation to avoid wastage.
- Ensure staff employed within the kitchen adhere to current relevant regulations and the policies of the Home.
- Maintain regular contact with the Home Manager in respect of service user requirements, budgets, and other relevant issues.
- Negotiate and secure best value prices in respect of food purchases. In conjunction with the Group Catering Manager.
- Operate within the prescribed legal framework and the Company’s Policies and Procedures.
- Share responsibility in the protecting of Company assets and be proactive in securing a positive Company image.
You will be required to prepare ingredients for cooking, make dishes for the residents, ensuring the kitchen is always clean and sanitary and is stocked accordingly.
If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, apply now for more information!